Shaper is like Jenny Everywhere -- he is an infinite character that exists in infinite space. He can show up in any comic book story. Everyone, the character is Creative Commons Licensed. Specifically, a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. This basically means that:
If you use Shaper in your story, make sure that only the character shaper (and his part in your story) is Creative Commons. I reserve the right to seek legal recourse for abuse of the character (i.e. If DC or Marvel claims that the Character is theirs, I can seek legal recourse to make sure that they don't own said character).
You are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit only the Character of the Shaper, his origins, likenesses, etc. in your work.
- to Remix — to adapt the Character of the Shaper to your work.
- to make commercial use of the Character of Shaper to your work.
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the Character of Shaper in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon the Character of Shaper, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
Okay, I suspect everything is clear, right?
The Shaper's powers are powered by his indomitable faith in the potential of the Human spirit. Basically, it allows him to do, be, or have anything he can imagine. His indomitable faith allows him to:
- Energy Projection: He can project energy as an energy blast. The blast can be anything: such as a blast of sound, light, or heat -- or a combination of any thereof.
- Force Field. The shaper can construct a force field around himself and extend to an infinite distance, but he usually just extends it to a sphere with a radius of 25ft.
- Energy and Matter Constructs: The Shaper is able to shape existing energy (usually ZPE energy) into Constructs of both Energy and Matter, similar to a Green Lantern power ring. This is because of Shaper's subconscious. His subconscious reacts to his thoughts and allows him to make these constructs in real time. He can make any construct he can imagine as long as he has the ability to make the construct. The constructs are constructed from Zero Point Energy and not brought into being from elsewhere (i.e. the Ether), and exist as long as the Shaper can keep them willed into existence. At any time, the Shaper's subconscious can convert the construct back to normal ZPE. The constructs reflect his personality and learning and will fight for him if needed.
- Super Strength: The Shaper can lift things over 150 lbs easily by use of his constructs. In fact, his constructs can lift things over 100 tons with little effort.
- Material Alteration: The Shaper's Costume is produced by his thoughts, since it's made of pure energy. The costume can be in any style he wishes.
- Telepathy: The Shaper is able to use a limited form of telepathy. He can read thoughts and transmit thoughts. He can also put thoughts into people's heads, altering their thinking a little. He can not incept thoughts or extract thoughts with accuracy, but he can generally cause them to be attracted or repulsed from a living being or a thing. As he grows in his powers, however, his telepathy use might become more sophisticated.
- Knowledge of Quantum Physics: The Shaper has an advanced understanding of Quantum Physics. He disbelieves the Big Bang Theory and subscribes to the Electric Universe Theory (http://www.thunderbolts.info).
The Shaper is generally helpful, kind, and generous. He's a Christian, although there are infinite versions of him that may belong to other faiths and denominations. There may be a version where he is faithless (atheistic), and one that is evil to his core. But they all have something in common, FAITH in the potential of the Human Spirit. The Christianity he generally practices is Ancient Christianity.
The Shaper's weaknesses are a challenge to his faith in the potential of the Human Spirit. The best villains would do their best to instill doubt in the Shaper's mind. As doubt in the Human Spirit increases in the Shaper, his powers fade over time.
The Shaper's real name is Jared Campbell, an immigrant from Scotland who had been Naturalized. He goes to a University as a physics student specializing in theoretical Quantum Physics. He was born in the 1990s, and is only 19 years of age. He got his powers after he attended a seminar on Acquiring Wealth. He especially took the adage: "You can be anything, have anything, and do anything" so completely that it became embedded in his subconscious.
This grew into a dream that night where a disembodied voice asked him what he desired. He said he wanted to help people, so he was granted the power of shaping. He woke up with the power to "create" anything from "nothing." This scared his roommate.
When not creating Constructs, Jared possesses the strength of a normal 19 year-old of his height and build and can bench press his own weight.